Director of Facilities and Maintenance
Tunkhannock Area School District
12 month position
Directs the daily operation of Facilities and Maintenance Department to ensure that the buildings and surrounding grounds are maintained in a safe, clean, and efficient manner. Responsible for strategic budget planning and fiscal management of department. Oversight of all construction projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent area of study preferred or high school diploma with a minimum of five years leadership and supervisory experience in facilities management
Demonstrated leadership in building and grounds operations, preferably in a public education system. Experience should include:
- Managing HVAC, electrical, plumbing, waste management, and sanitation systems
- Reading and comprehending blue prints, schematics, and equipment specifications
- Understanding of labor regulations such as OSHA, Material Safety, and public safety
- Reporting to meet district, state and federal requirements
- Use of computer systems to monitor HVAC controls, security access control, and fire alarms
- Experience managing projects
- Proven financial planning and fiscal management
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement which has resulted in improved efficiency and/or cost savings
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, vendors, and contractors
- Supervisory experience managing large, diverse teams of technicians and laborers
- Excellent communication skills—oral and written
- Computer skills—MS Office
- Valid driver’s license
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. Deadline for application is 5/23/18. EOE
Temporary Part Time School Security Officers
Needed For Summer Events
3-18hrs/wk. Rate $25/hr.
Prior Law Enforcement experience and Act 235 Certification required.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, TB test and copies of current clearances to:
Tunkhannock Area School District
41 Philadelphia Ave. Tunkhannock Pa. 18657
The following coaching positions are available for the 2018-19 school year:
- Girls Head Soccer Coach
- Girls Head Volleyball Coach
- Head Field Hockey Coach
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, TB test and copies of current clearances to Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. EOE
Kelly Educational Services
Kelly Educational Staffing® (KES®) is a specialty service of Kelly Services, a global leader in workforce solutions and the first staffing provider to develop a comprehensive education talent management solution. Launched in 1997, KES partners with 6,175+ public and private schools across 35 states and has 100 percent success in improving substitute placement rates in all our partner districts. More than 2 million classrooms are filled by a KES substitute teacher each year. KES provides schools with quality substitute teachers and management solutions, in addition to staffing non-instructional positions. Combined with the nearly 70 years of experience Kelly Services has in the staffing industry, KES offers our partner schools unique value and unparalleled experience and expertise. For more information, visit kellyeducationalstaffing.com.
To apply for substitute teaching positions at Tunkhannock Area School District, please contact the local Kelly Educational Staffing branch office at (570) 343-2347 or 51K8@kellyservices.com
The Tunkhannock Area School District is currently accepting applications for daily substitute Custodians, Cafeteria Workers, Individual Student Aides, RN & LPN Medical Aides, Secretarial and Clerical Workers.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, completed application, current copies of Act 34 (PA Criminal History Check), Act 114 (FBI Fingerprint Check), Act 151 (PA Child Abuse Clearance) and TB test to Ms. Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. EOE
All employees of the district are required to submit appropriate clearances (i.e. Act 34, 114 & 151 clearances) and must comply with all other Board policies related to the hiring of employees.
All candidates for positions must meet certification requirements established by the Pennsylvania State Department of Education.