Maintenance – HVAC Lead Technician
The HVAC Lead Technician will be required to perform skilled, complex work in the repair, maintenance and installation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and steam distribution equipment and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform preventive maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment units in the heating, cooling and power supply systems.
- Monitors and inspects heating, cooling, pneumatic and electrical power supply systems to ensure continued proper operations.
- Inspects and changes air filters according to preventive maintenance program timeline, makes recommendations to increase/decrease task time frequencies based on physical inspections.
- Assesses condensate drain systems for proper operation and performs necessary repairs to ensure continued proper operation.
- Determines the amount of airflow exchange required to keep carbon dioxide at a safe level in occupied areas, adjusts outside air dampers to maintain levels.
- Installs, repairs and maintains heating, ventilation, air conditioning and steam distribution equipment, equipment monitoring devices and systems.
- Installs, repairs and maintains computerized electronic pneumatic devices related to HVAC control.
- Operated various measuring and testing instruments.
- Reads blueprints, piping and electrical schematics.
- Researches and specifies replacement parts for ordering as needed to ensure continued proper operation of building HVAC and electrical supply equipment.
- Performs brazing, soldering, pipefitting and welding needed to complete preventive maintenance, repairs and installation of new equipment related to HVAC.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning of heating and cooling systems and their components for the purpose of identifying whether repair or replacement is necessary to maintain proper operation of HVAC systems.
- Directs the daily workflow of HVAC technicians on various projects and repairs as instructed by the Director of Building and Grounds to insure they are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner.
- Mentors HVAC technicians to ensure proper safety, operational, installation and repair procedures are followed.
- Prepares daily documentation for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information related to HVAC maintenance, installation projects and equipment repairs.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports various items for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at the job site.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and the corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Coordinates and prioritizes workflow of HVAC technicians and outside contractors on multiple trade required projects, in house projects, repairs and preventive maintenance as scheduled by the Director of Building and Grounds.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in maintenance or industrial trades setting in the area of HVAC.
- Vocational or college related course in HVAC, commercial mechanical and electrical systems, knowledge of blueprints and building management software systems.
- Knowledge of the operations of standard equipment necessary to perform the job and requires the ability to research and understand detailed specifications and instructions.
- EPA 608 I and II or Universal Certification required.
- Knowledge of electrical control and supply systems as they relate to HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of pipefitting and condensate draining as it relates to HVAC system.
- Ability to use a Windows operating system based computer and functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Knowledgeable about the function and use of Building Software Control programs and CMMS systems.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, completed application, current copies of Act 34, Act 114, Act 151 and TB test to Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE
Kelly Educational Services
Make a difference. Be a substitute teacher.
Kelly® Education is proud to partner with Tunkhannock Area School District to provide exceptional substitute teachers. We’re a company that invests in our employees, recognizes their achievements, and is committed to the noble purpose of educating our youth.
Substitute teaching offers meaningful work that directly gives back to our community and makes a positive difference in the lives of students every single day. We have limitless opportunities for passionate people to inspire and educate students. You’ll have the option to work in the schools of your choice, to take steady work five days a week, or to create a flexible schedule that works around your other life commitments.
Whether you’re new to teaching or a seasoned educator, our goal is to ensure you always have the skills you need to succeed in the classroom—starting with free pre-hire training and our investment in your ongoing professional development.
Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn. Be a substitute teacher in Tunkhannock Area School District.
See the job requirements and apply today at APPLY NOW! – Kelly Education/Tunkhannock Area SD
The Tunkhannock Area School District is currently accepting applications for daily substitute Custodians, Cafeteria Workers, Individual Student Aides, Maintenance Workers, RN & LPN Medical Aides, Secretarial and Clerical Workers.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, completed application, current copies of Act 34 (PA Criminal History Check), Act 114 (FBI Fingerprint Check), Act 151 (PA Child Abuse Clearance) and TB test to Ms. Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. EOE
All employees of the district are required to submit appropriate clearances (i.e. Act 34, 114 & 151 clearances) and must comply with all other Board policies related to the hiring of employees.
All candidates for positions must meet certification requirements established by the Pennsylvania State Department of Education.