School Security Officer - 200 day contract. Responsible for day-to-day security and safety in all TASD buildings. Act 235 Certification required. The ability to develop positive relationships with students and parents is required. Send letter of interest, resume, Copy of Act 235 Certificate, Act 34, Act 114 & Act 151 clearances and TB test, and three letters of reference to Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. Application deadline 6/19/19. EOE
2019-20 Head Girls Soccer Coach -Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, TB test and copies of current clearances to Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. EOE
2019-20 Head Girls Field Hockey Coach -Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, TB test and copies of current clearances to Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. EOE
Custodial Position -Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, application, TB Test and copies of current clearances to Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock, PA 18657. Deadline for application 6/19/19. EOE
Substitute PA Certified High School Science Teacher needed for a short term assignment beginning immediately and lasting until the end of the school year. Send letter of interest, Standard PA teaching application, transcripts, resume, PA certification, Act 34, Act 114 & Act 151 clearances, TB testing, Praxis test scores and three letters of reference to: Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE.
Football Cheerleading Advisor needed for 2019-20 season. Please send resume, letter of interest, Act 34, Act 114 & Act 151 clearances and TB testing to Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock A 18657. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE.
Maintenance – HVAC Lead Technician
The HVAC Lead Technician will be required to perform skilled, complex work in the repair, maintenance and installation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and steam distribution equipment and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform preventive maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment units in the heating, cooling and power supply systems.
- Monitors and inspects heating, cooling, pneumatic and electrical power supply systems to ensure continued proper operations.
- Inspects and changes air filters according to preventive maintenance program timeline, makes recommendations to increase/decrease task time frequencies based on physical inspections.
- Assesses condensate drain systems for proper operation and performs necessary repairs to ensure continued proper operation.
- Determines the amount of airflow exchange required to keep carbon dioxide at a safe level in occupied areas, adjusts outside air dampers to maintain levels.
- Installs, repairs and maintains heating, ventilation, air conditioning and steam distribution equipment, equipment monitoring devices and systems.
- Installs, repairs and maintains computerized electronic pneumatic devices related to HVAC control.
- Operated various measuring and testing instruments.
- Reads blueprints, piping and electrical schematics.
- Researches and specifies replacement parts for ordering as needed to ensure continued proper operation of building HVAC and electrical supply equipment.
- Performs brazing, soldering, pipefitting and welding needed to complete preventive maintenance, repairs and installation of new equipment related to HVAC.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning of heating and cooling systems and their components for the purpose of identifying whether repair or replacement is necessary to maintain proper operation of HVAC systems.
- Directs the daily workflow of HVAC technicians on various projects and repairs as instructed by the Director of Building and Grounds to insure they are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner.
- Mentors HVAC technicians to ensure proper safety, operational, installation and repair procedures are followed.
- Prepares daily documentation for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information related to HVAC maintenance, installation projects and equipment repairs.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports various items for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at the job site.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and the corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Coordinates and prioritizes workflow of HVAC technicians and outside contractors on multiple trade required projects, in house projects, repairs and preventive maintenance as scheduled by the Director of Building and Grounds.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in maintenance or industrial trades setting in the area of HVAC.
- Vocational or college related course in HVAC, commercial mechanical and electrical systems, knowledge of blueprints and building management software systems.
- Knowledge of the operations of standard equipment necessary to perform the job and requires the ability to research and understand detailed specifications and instructions.
- EPA 608 I and II or Universal Certification required.
- Knowledge of electrical control and supply systems as they relate to HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of pipefitting and condensate draining as it relates to HVAC system.
- Ability to use a Windows operating system based computer and functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Knowledgeable about the function and use of Building Software Control programs and CMMS systems.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, completed application, current copies of Act 34, Act 114, Act 151 and TB test to Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE
Part -Time School Based Social Worker
The Tunkhannock Area School District is looking for a part-time Licensed Social Worker for the remainder of the 2018/2019 school year. The School Social Worker, K-6 , will provide comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling services for school students so that each student develops the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to be a successful member of our caring school community. The social worker will work with students to develop all aspects of the students’ social emotional and coping skills.
Working collaboratively with other members of the school staff and with parents, the School Social Worker will act as an advocate for the student, arranging for appropriate resources when necessary, and assisting students in understanding the school and its environment, understanding themselves and their relationships with others, as well as, their strengths and needs.
- Graduate degree in social work with PA State Certification
- Prior experience counseling elementary students
- Experience in mental health services with young children
- Prior experience in school districts is preferred
- Based on experience not to exceed $50.00 per hour
For immediate consideration, please contact:
Mary Gene Eagen, Assistant Superintendent
Tunkhannock Area School District
Tunkhannock Borough is seeking applicants for the position of School Pedestrian Crossing Guard at the location of SR0029 at Harrison Street. Hours run in conjunction with the Tunkhannock Area School District Student Schedule. Primary hours are 7:15am to 8:15am and 2:40pm to 3:40pm. Applicants must reside within a reasonably close distance and are required to pass a full background check including Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearances.
Please apply in person with Tunkhannock Borough Manager Dawn Welch at 126 Warren Street Tunkhannock Pa 18657 or call 570-836-1548 for further inquiries.
Kelly Educational Services
Tunkhannock Area School District is partnered with Kelly Educational Staffing (KES) for their Substitute Teacher needs. KES will handle all the aspects of our substitute employee program including hiring, training and scheduling. There are several advantages to this partnership such as the opportunity for substitute employees to have year-round employment and additional incentives exclusive to employment with KES.
To apply for a position at Tunkhannock Area School District, please contact the local Kelly Educational Staffing branch office at 570-343-2347 option 3 or e-mail them at 51K8@kellyservices.com.
Kelly Educational Staffing (KES®) is dedicated to helping districts save money and operate at peak capacity by fulfilling all staffing needs. As a complete education staffing solution, we manage substitute teachers as well as non-instructional staff such as custodians, cafeteria workers, administrative assistants, school nurses, and more. Launched in 1997, KES partners with 7,055+ public and private schools across 35 states and has100% success improving substitute placement rates in all our partner districts. More than 2.5 million classrooms are filled by a KES substitute teacher each year. For more information, please visit www.kellyeducationalstaffing.com.
The Tunkhannock Area School District is currently accepting applications for daily substitute Custodians, Cafeteria Workers, Individual Student Aides, RN & LPN Medical Aides, Secretarial and Clerical Workers.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, completed application, current copies of Act 34 (PA Criminal History Check), Act 114 (FBI Fingerprint Check), Act 151 (PA Child Abuse Clearance) and TB test to Ms. Heather McPherson, Superintendent, Tunkhannock Area School District, 41 Philadelphia Avenue, Tunkhannock PA 18657. EOE
All employees of the district are required to submit appropriate clearances (i.e. Act 34, 114 & 151 clearances) and must comply with all other Board policies related to the hiring of employees.
All candidates for positions must meet certification requirements established by the Pennsylvania State Department of Education.